Finally, last night, I successfully went to Home Depot on my way home and purchased only the item I was looking for (and nothing else - people that know me know that's majorly a BIG DEAL). I took this item home and installed it onto my home that very evening (Did not procrastinate with a home improvement project - people that know me know that's majorly a BIG DEAL). This never happens at my house. Like, literally, never.
And all it took was a flashlight, and a screwdriver. I had bought the same model of device as the one I was taking down so I didn't even have to redo the masonry anchors. I got it up and installed within 20 minutes. I was astounded.
I went into the house and told me wife how impressive I was. She was adequately impressed with my home improvements. I did not go into the house to wake up the kids to tell them how I impressive I was but I could tell this morning at breakfast, that they were impressed. They gave me fist bumps and high fives. Giving two year olds fist bumps and high fives are the best.
So I was marvelling about that on the drive in this morning, and thought to myself, "Self, this would be a good quick story to post."
And it was so, but as I've mostly relegated myself to updating Facebook and Instagram, I thought that this wasn't an effective story for those but one better suited to the long rambling format of this here blog. So after two years of absence, your first story from this blog is a quick story about going to a store and buying something.
I hope to continue blogging and I'll probably get around to refreshing the look of the blog. In the last two years, I have:
- purchased a new car and sold the Thunderchicken to my brother. He has solemnly sworn to keep calling it the Thunderchicken. But he also calls it the Dirty C and I don't quite get it but that's OK, he's MyBrother(TM)!
- The Twincredibles have aged approximately two years in that timeframe. This would make them 2.5 years old which does not make them a combined 5 year old. They are amazing and wonderful and difficult and crazy and many many adjectives that are both polite and sometimes impolite.
- The new car's official name is Stormhawk. It is Stormhawk because I kind of liked the combination of a weather-event & fowl. So the next car name became Storm Hawk. Storm because it's a dark gray metallic (like a Thunderstorm cloud).
- lost almost 20 lbs on WeightWatchers. I need to lose weight because I have ballooned almost a 100 lbs since my wife and I started dating and that's not healthy. I have also been walking a lot. I'm up to almost 100 miles walked so far and because I'm still pretty big, it takes me a while to walk a mile (about 15 to 18 minutes per mile). This is all OK because it's a long road and the journey is half the fun.
- I plan to run a half-marathon in January 2015. I would like to be able to actually run it but I'd be okay too if I can do a fast walk. I plan to participate in the P.F. Chang's Rock'n'Roll Half-Marathon in Phoenix.